"Live out of your imagination, not your history."
Stephen Covey

14 June 2010

Jewelry Board

In this month's Real Simple, there's a section on organizing according to your personality. By personality, they mean "right brained" vs. "left brained" people. On almost every right brain/left brain test I've taken, I come down pretty much right in the middle. That would explain why I'm in almost constant conflict between wanting to check things off on my list and wanting to just sit down and relax make something. Last weekend the right side won and I made something. (The idea, let's connect this back to the beginning, was from Real Simple. An idea for a right-brainer, in fact.)
I started with a frame, $2.75 from Goodwill.

And some sale fabric from Joann's, $1.50.

And some Glazier's Points from TrueValue Hardware, $1something I think.

And some leftover cork board from another project.

And a messy dresser.

With an especially messy jewelry section.

And I ended with this!

And a much nicer dresser space :)

First, I removed the picture and fixed the cork board to the glass using mounting tape. Then, I covered the cork board with the fabric, taping it to the back of the glass using packing tape (there's probably a better way to do this step, but this way worked for me. Last, because the back of the picture had been nailed into the frame, I used the Glazier's Points to secure the glass back into the frame. And voila! Not so bad for about $5 and an hour of my Saturday.

2 comments: