"Live out of your imagination, not your history."
Stephen Covey

08 January 2010

Making Scones

After a long week of school, making scones was just the remedy for my overworked mind.

I love making scones, the actual making part. Sure, I always enjoy eating the scones when they're done, but the process of making them is just as, if not more, rewarding than the actual eating. There's something about working the butter into the flour that's quite cathartic. I like feeling the butter slowly warm between my fingers and watching the mixture become consistent throughout.

I also like that scones are simple and predictable. While I enjoy being creative and spontaneous, I also enjoy a process that I know will turn out well if I just do a few simple steps.

1 3/4 c. flour
4 T. butter
4 t. baking powder
1/2 c. plain yogurt
2 T. milk
a dash of ginger and a handful of craisins

Gotta go make my coffee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment