"Live out of your imagination, not your history."
Stephen Covey

17 January 2010

Toddy

We've been slow to adapt to the toddy coffee maker my in-laws bought me for my birthday several months ago. Ryan, purist that he is (wink wink), thinks that coffee is just better brewed hot. He's convinced that the taste is compromised by the process. I, on the other hand, enjoy the taste much more with the cold brew system. Ryan likes dark beans, and I didn't realize how much of what I tasted in brewed coffee was the roast and acid rather than the actual coffee. By brewing with the Toddy, I actually taste the coffee. And it's lovely. Now who's the purist ;) ? To each his own, I guess.

Bonuses with the Toddy: less acid (means happier tummies and happier, you know, other functions), less prep (more important than ever as I race off to work or relish the quiet morning hours on the weekend before the Bean wakes up), more control over the strength of the coffee, more control over the milk/cream factor (I can make milkier, latte-type drinks with the Toddy), and, depending on who you ask, better taste.

Judge for yourself: www.toddycafe.com

Other opinions?

2 comments:

  1. Toddy all the way! It's the only way I can say I actually like the taste of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the toddy, though we don't have one - we should think about buying one again because the acid is really hard on our stomachs. I used to drink toddy all the time and I do find it superior in every way :)

    ReplyDelete