"Live out of your imagination, not your history."
Stephen Covey

16 March 2010

Backwards Bean

My little one, who still isn't crawling at 8 1/2 months and only rolls in one direction, has finally become a bit mobile. She's a one-directional roller who can now push herself backwards too (especially on hard surfaces). This amuses her when she in a good mood just rolling around on the floor, but completely ticks her off when she's trying to get sometime.

Yesterday, I set a bottle of nail polish in front of her, knowing it's novelty would make her long for it. And I put it just out of her reach. She reached and wiggled, and finally pushed herself up on all fours (on her hands and toes, of all things), and proceeded to push herself backwards. She fussed and tried again. Backwards again. She tried a couple more times until she was certain she was going the wrong way. The rolled over and cried, and looked up at me with pleading eyes. And, of course, I gave the bottle to her.

But don't get me wrong, I'm still thankful she's relatively immobile. It won't be long before we've got to do a bit of redecorating.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I can't wait to see her in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete