"Live out of your imagination, not your history."
Stephen Covey

07 March 2010

Got Breast Milk?

I'm not a bumper sticker person. I generally think they're a weird way of attempting to share your opinion. No one asked. It's just you (or them) sharing your (or their) opinion without the possibility of conversation, which I think is kinda weird. However, I quite enjoyed this particular bumper sticker. I'm pretty sure I waved and yelled, "I do!" And, it reminded me of something I read lately that I wanted to share because I thought it was so beautifully cool.

From Nina Planck's Real Food:
"In one of nature's many elegant efficiencies, the antibodies in breast milk are targeted to the pathogens in the mother and baby's immediate environment; they are tailor-made for the baby."

Isn't that amazing! Aside from the fact that there are over a hundred ingredients in breast milk (that the formula industry simply cannot duplicate), that the ratio of protein to fat to carbs is perfect (at least in a well-fed mom), and that it creates a profound bond between the mom and baby, the fact that God made us able to supply our babes with the perfect pathogens for our dirty, little homes (or perhaps not-so-dirty in the case of other mother's homes :) ) is, I believe, amazingly wonderful.

Got breast milk?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah. I love the wonder of making a perfect food (ya know, if I'm feeding myself well).

    ReplyDelete